Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Assignments -5- Steve Jobs' Adress



Connecting the dots
  • I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and no idea how college was going to help me figure it out.
  • Much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on.
  • You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
Love and loss
  • I had been rejected, but I was still in love. And so I decided to start over.
  • Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.You've got to find what you love.
Death
  • Almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.
  • No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there.
  • Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
  • Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
  • Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish

         When I listen the address, I feel a lot.  I think about my studies and my future. Just like him, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and no idea how college was going to help me figure it out. And I'm not really sure what I did is correct or not. I just followed the way of my parents expected. Beacause I don't have the courage to trust my curiosity and intuition. I'm not brave enough.

       Maybe that is my personality, I always live in someone else's life and try to do my best to meet their expection. That is me, sometimes I felt that I'm so sorry for myself. I hated I'm too weak, I hated that I always care about the feeling of someone else than myself. I want to do the perfect person in front of other people. But no one can be the saint.

      Truth be told, I always belive that I do someting good for other people, someday I will get the feedback. But sometime the feedback became the regret. Somebody had told me that "You always think everything you do is good for them ,but actually not. Beacause that's just your thinking" That really broke my heart, then I hated myself again and again. 

     "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary" This paragarph is my favorite and that is the class I should to learn in my life. Then to be brave.

1 comment:

  1. Candy, there's nothing wrong with caring about what other people think. That means you're a considerate person.
    You mentioned that you treat people well, but barely get anything in return. You must feel very upset about that. I do beleive that if we treat people well, even we do not get anything in return, at least, we feel "good" and "happy" about what we did. That good enough, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete